Long respected as the county's top lawman, the sheriff has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, operation of the jail and other responsibilities. Duties of the sheriff include:
- Providing security for the operation of county and district courts;
- Enforcing traffic laws, other county ordinances and other state laws;
- Service of process;
- Accepting bail for prisoners in his custody;
- Conducting sales of seized and unclaimed properties; and
- Taking charge of and responsibility for the county jail and prisoners
Kaufman County Law Enforcement Center
1900 E. US Hwy. 175
PO Drawer 849
Kaufman, TX 75142
We, the men and women of the Kaufman County Sheriff's Office, believe that our fundamental duty is to serve and protect the citizens of Kaufman County with fairness, compassion, and respect.
We demand excellence in the quality of our law enforcement, stressing professionalism, integrity, and timeliness, so that those we serve may feel secure.
We provide equal enforcement and protection of the law without prejudice or favor.
We promote the setting of goals in partnership with the community, to prioritize and address problems based on the concerns of the community.
Committed to continuous improvement in law enforcement, we promote and utilize the most modern techniques available.
For more information regarding the Sheriff's office and the jail facility see