Court records maintained by the County Clerk (except for mental health and juvenile) are available for inspection by the public at no charge; however, there are fees for copies and/or certification of facts performed by the County Clerk as follows:
- Plain copies: $1 per page
- Certified copies: $5 for certification plus $1 per page
- Certification of Facts: $5 (results of search without copies)
Requests for copies and/or searches may be made in person or by mail accompanied by the following (search will be conducted only on the name as provided by the requesting party):
- Misdemeanor Criminal cases:
- Name of person charged
- Date of offense or conviction (within a 10 year period) and
- Type of offense (if known).
- Probate cases:
- Name of deceased and
- Approximate date of death
- Guardianship cases:
- Name of person for whom guardianship would have been established and
- Approximate date of filing within a 10-year period.
- Applicable fees, as shown above, must accompany request. (Refunds will be made in the event of overpayment.)
- Return address for mailing of requested information.
Please send requests by mail to:
Kaufman County Clerk
1902 US HWY 175
Kaufman, Tx 75142