Justice of the Peace Precinct 1
OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED SEPTEMBER 18-OCTOBER 1, 2023
Judge Mary Bardin
- Hears traffic and other Class C misdemeanor cases punishable by fine only issued by Kaufman County Sheriff, Kaufman County Constable, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Kaufman ISD Police Department, Texas Department of Public Safety, Kaufman County Developmental Services, and Kaufman County Fire Marshal
- Hears civil cases with up to $20,000 in controversy
- Hears landlord and tenant disputes
- Performs magistrate duties
- Conducts inquests
- Performs Marriage Ceremonies
making an on-line payment, The case number end with "*1". If your case number does not end with "*1" you are making payment to the wrong court! Incorrect payments will be refunded or voided. Click the “Find Your Case Information” above or call 469.376.4182.
On-line payments are allowed ONLY for Defendants 17 years or older at time of violation. Others contact the court.
Minors with alcohol or tobacco violation ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for on-line payments and are required to make a personal appearance in open court.
Offenses involving Family Violence, as defined by Family Code 71.004 for online payments and MUST make a personal appearance in open court.
Moving Violations- If you would like to request a or request for your ticket, you MUST contact the court BEFORE making payment. Payment will be voided/refunded if you do not contact the Court first for these options.
Payments are posted on the next day following payment. If you have a warrant, your warrant will be recalled after payment is processed.
Making payment on-line constitutes a plea of Nolo Contendere (No Contest) and waives your right to a trial by jury and may result in a conviction of the stated offense. Texas CCP 27.14(c) "In a misdemeanor case for which the maximum possible punishment is by fine only, payment of a fine or an amount accepted by the court constitutes a finding of guilty in open court as though a plea of nolo contendere had been entered by the defendant and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing."
By making a payment, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the above information.
Contact the Court if you have any questions.
- Affidavit of Indigency - Criminal Case
- Answer - Debt Claim Case
- Answer - Small Claims Case
- Appeal - Defendant by Appeal Bond - Non-Eviction Case
- Appeal - Plaintiff by Appeal Bond
- Petition - Debt Claim Case
- Petition -- Eviction Case
- Petition - ODL
- Petition - Repair and Remedy Case
- Petition - Small Claims Case
- Request for Abstract
- Request for Hearing - Tow
- Request for Subpoena - Civil Case
- Request for Subpoena - Criminal Case
- Request-Writ of Possession
- Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act Affidavit