Justice of the Peace Precinct 3
JUDGE RHITT JACKSON
- The Justice of the Peace presides over Civil, Criminal, and Traffic Trials
- Hears Civil cases with up to $20,000 in controversy
- Completes Death Certificates
- Signs and issues Warrants
- Reads Juvenile and Adult Magistrate Warnings
- Oversees all Citations pertaining to Constable PCT 3, Kaufman County Sheriff, Texas Parks and Wildlife, DPS.
- Mental Health Warrants
- Occupational Driver's License
- Performs Inquests @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
making an on-line payment, The case number end with "3"; If your case number does not end with "3" you are making payment to the wrong court! Incorrect payment will be refunded or voided.
For information and fine amount contact the court at (469)-376-4587.
On-line payments are allowed ONLY for Defendants 17 years or older at time of violation. Others contact the court.
Minors with alcohol or tobacco violation ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for on-line payments and are required to make a personal appearance in open court.
Offenses involving Family Violence, as defined by Family Code 71.004 for online payments and MUST make a personal appearance in open court.
If you would like to request a or request for your ticket, you MUST contact the court BEFORE making payment. Payment will be voided/refunded if you do not contact the Court first for these options.
Payments are posted on the next day following payment. If you have a warrant, your warrant will be recalled after payment is processed.
Making payment on-line constitutes a plea of Nolo Contendere (No Contest) and waives your right to a trial by jury and may result in a conviction of the stated offense. Texas CCP 27.14(c) "In a misdemeanor case for which the maximum possible punishment is by fine only, payment of a fine or an amount accepted by the court constitutes a finding of guilty in open court as though a plea of nolo contendere had been entered by the defendant and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing."
By making a payment, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the above information. Contact the Court if you have any questions.
Beginning November 1st, 2023 if you would like to enter a plea in front of the court you can come in every Wednesday from 9:00 am- 10:00 am.