Kaufman County Residents with Disabilities
In the event of a disaster, Kaufman County first responders care about your safety and the safety of loved ones with disabilities. If your area is ever asked to evacuate, we would like to know who with disabilities would need extra care. In an effort to be proactive the Kaufman County Office of Emergency Management in partnership with Texas Division Emergency Management maintains a list for mobility impaired individuals.
Do you or anyone you know need assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas presents a STEAR program. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering yourself in the STEAR registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community. For more information on how your community will use information in the STEAR registry, contact our office.
Who Should Register?
- People With Disabilities
- People who are medically fragile
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility.
- people who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
How to Register
- Register online at State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry
Required Information to Register
- Phone Number
- Primary Language
Additional questions asked to capture vital information for local emergency planners and responders
- Emergency Contact Information
- Caregiver Information
- Transportation assistance for home evacuation
- Communication Barriers
- Disability, Functional or Medical Needs
Registration is VOLUNTARY
Please Note: STEAR registrants' records will be removed after 24 months of signing up, so it is your responsibility to reenroll every two years to give us the most updated and accurate information.
Registering for STEAR doesn’t guarantee your assistance in an emergency. By registering in STEAR you are consenting to sharing your information with first responders and other state agencies during a disaster.
Individual assistance question, please contact our office. 469-376-4163. Thank You!