On Saturday, September 17, 2022, Kaufman County residents may dispose of household hazardous waste items at a free collection event in Kaufman. The event will take place at the Kaufman County South Campus located at 3948 S. Washington St. from 8 a.m. until noon. Click HERE to see the flyer.
• Used motor oil and filters
• Paint (no more than 5 gallons per car)
• Solvents and varnish
• Pool Chemicals
• Herbicides and Pesticides
• Cleaning products such as oven cleaner, drain
opener, and stain remover
• Paint stripper/thinners
• Fluorescent Bulbs
• Engine degreaser
• Brake and transmission fluid
**Items can only be collected in original
containers with labels
** Collection event for Kaufman County
residents only. ID or utility bill required.
Medical and pharmaceutical items
• Explosives, fireworks, or ammunition
• Asbestos – containing material
• Industrial, commercial, or business waste
(residential/home use only)
• Radioactive material
• Large propane cylinders or other compressed
• Items without original labels or without
caps or lids. Containers must be spill-proof.
Funding for this event was made possible through TCEQ and North Central Texas Council of Governments Solid Waste Implementation Program.
There will also be an Electronic Recycling Event at that location but in a different area of the parking lot. See Flyer here: