Procedures to Obtain Assumed Name
- Download the Assumed Name Certificate Application or obtain an application from the County Clerk.
- Complete the application
- Sign in front of a clerk (notary not necessary if signed in front of clerk).
- Pay appropriate fee (see applicable fee section below). Payment types accepted are: Cash, Check, Money Order or Major Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, American Express).
The completed application will be processed and returned to you immediately.
- Download the Assumed Name Certificate Application.
- Complete application
- Sign in front of a notary
- Mail (with appropriate fee) to:
Kaufman County Clerk
100 West Mulberry
Kaufman, Texas 75142.
- The recording fee is $25 per application (which includes one owner name), with an additional fee of $.50 added for each additional owner.
- Free of charge for Veterans (must show on Driver’s License).
- A check or money order, payable to the Laura Hughes, County Clerk , must accompany the written request.
Once processed, the document will be returned to you by mail, within 7-10 business days .