Withdrawal of an Assumed Name
If you would like to withdraw (or abandon) your Assumed Name or if your business is moving out of the county, you have two (2) options:
- You can let the Assumed Name expire (effective for 10 years, unless otherwise stated on Certificate).
- You can file a Withdrawal of Assumed Name.
Procedures to Withdraw an Assumed Name
- Download attached the Withdrawal Application or obtain an application from the County Clerk.
- Complete the application
- Sign in front of a clerk (notary not necessary if signed in front of clerk).
- Pay appropriate fee (see applicable fee section below).
The completed application will be processed and returned to you immediately.
- Download the Withdrawal Application packet.
- Complete application
- Sign in front of a notary
- Mail (with appropriate fee) to:
Laura Hughes, Kaufman County Clerk
100 West Mulberry
Kaufman , Texas 75142
- The recording fee for the Withdrawal of an Assumed Name is $25, with an additional fee of $.50 added for each additional signature. A check or money order, payable to the Laura Hughes, County Clerk , must accompany the written request.
- Once processed, the document will be returned to you by mail, within 7-10 business days .
- The fee to file a Withdrawal of An Assumed Name Certificate to be filed and recorded is $25.00 (this includes one owner name).
- There is an additional fee of $0.50 added for each additional owner.
Types of Payments Accepted:
- Cash (for your protection, please don’t mail cash!)
- Check or Money Order – Made payable to Laura Hughes Kaufman County Clerk
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)
(ID will be required if using Check / Credit Cards as a form of payment)