- Download the Birth Certificate Application or obtain application from County Clerk.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Provide an original valid government issued identification.
- Pay appropriate fee..
The completed application will be processed and the Birth Certificate (if available) will be provided immediately.
- Download the Birth Certificate Application
- Complete, sign and notarize application.
- Provide a copy of an original valid government issued identification.
- Mail completed and notarized application, valid identification and a check or money order for the appropriate fee, made payable to Laura Hughes, County Clerk at the address below:
Kaufman County Clerk
100 W. Mulberry
Kaufman, TX 75142
Attn: Vital Statistics Clerk
The completed application will be processed and Birth Certificate will be mailed within 3 business days.
Type of Payments Accepted:
- Cash (for your protection, please don’t mail cash!)
- Check or Money Order – Made payable to Laura Hughes County Clerk
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) must include a daytime phone number if you are paying by credit card.
The forms you print and use must be clear and sharp. Applications that are blurred or illegible will not be accepted. They must be printed in black print on white paper.