County Clerk Questions
How should we handle similar brands?
If a party comes in to register a brand, which the clerk feels is too similar to a brand currently registered, the clerk has the right/authority to refuse to register that brand. It is the clerk’s duty to make sure duplicate brands are not registered in the same location on an animal.
How do I handle a dispute over the rightful owner of a brand?
The party who has registered or used the brand the longest has ownership of the brand.
How often should I send in the brand registrations?
You may submit brands daily or weekly, but no later than 30 days from the time registered.
Records may be sent to TSCRA several ways:
- E-mail scanned forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax forms to 817-887-4402
- Mail to TSCRA offices
- Electronic Records (spreadsheets, etc.) may be submitted to TSCRA. For more information, contact TSCRA.
- Some software providers now offer Automated Transfer of brand records to TSCRA. For more information, contact TSCRA or your service provider.
- TSCRA stores these records electronically.
Records may be searched by name, county, brand or other criteria.
Through TSCRA, county clerks and sheriff’s offices will also have access to a searchable brand