Searches and Copies
Court records maintained by the County Clerk (except for Mental Health and Juvenile) are available for inspection by the public at no charge;
however, there are fees for copies and/or certification of facts performed by the County Clerk as follows:
- Plain copies $1.00 per page
- Certified copies $5.00 for certification plus $1.00 per page
- Certification of Facts $5.00 (results of search without copies)
Requests for copies and/or searches may be made in person or by mail accompanied by the following (Search will be conducted only on the name as provided by the requesting party):
- Misdemeanor Criminal cases: (a) Name of person charged; (b) date of offense or conviction (within a 10 year period); and (c) type of offense (if known).
- Probate cases: (a) Name of deceased and (b) approximate date of death.
- Guardianship cases: (a) Name of person for whom guardianship would have been established and (b) approximate date of filing within a 10 year period.
- Applicable fees, as shown above, must accompany request, (Refunds will be made in the event of overpayment.)
- Return address for mailing of requested information.
Please send requests by mail to:
Kaufman County Clerk
100 W. Mulberry
Kaufman, TX 75142