An applicant must provide all of the below required information and show proper identification prior to obtaining the certificate:
- Full name as it appears on death record
- Date and Place of Death
- Your relationship to person named on the certificate
- Your Name and mailing address
- Purpose of record
- Valid identification (Photo ID required)
- Appropriate fee of $21.00 for the 1st certificate and $4.00 for each additional certificate purchased at that time.
The above information is required by the Texas Administrative Code Sec. 181.28 http://www.sos.state.tx.us/tac/
Death records are considered confidential information; therefore, all requirements must be met. If you are unable to meet the requirements, please contact the State Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin. The toll-free phone number is (888) 963-7111. The fax number is (512) 458-7506.