- Download the Death Certificate Application or obtain the application from the County Clerk.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Provide an original valid government issued identification.
- Pay the appropriate fee.
The completed application will be processed and the Death Certificate (if available) will be provided immediately.
- Download the Death Certificate Application.
- Complete, sign and notarize application.
- Provide a copy of an original valid government issued identification.
- Include a legible return address and daytime phone number.
- Mail the completed and notarized application, a copy of the valid identification and a check or money order for the appropriate fee, made payable to Laura Hughes County Clerk to the address below.
Kaufman County Clerk
100 W. Mulberry
Kaufman, TX 75142
Attn: Vital Statistics Clerk
The completed application will be processed and Death Certificate will be mailed within 3 business days.
Type of Payments Accepted:
- Cash (for your protection, please don’t mail cash!)
- Check or Money Order – Made payable to Laura Hughes County Clerk
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) must include a daytime phone number if you are paying by credit card.
The forms you print and use must be clear and sharp. Applications that are blurred or illegible will not be accepted. They must be printed in black print on white paper.