Marriage License Search
Marriage records are open to the public and are available for inspection at no charge. The Clerk’s office has marriage record books that date back to the late 1800’s and present Marriage Licenses are scanned and available on our Official Public Records search system.
Procedures to Search Records
Marriage License searches can be conducted in person at the County Clerk’s Office free of charge. Our current Marriage Licenses are located on our Official Public Records System and we also have several books that contain Marriage License information that date back over 100 years. These records are open to the public and copies can be made from either source.
Order by sending a written request which includes the following information:
- The names of both parties, including the last name of the bride at the time the license was issued;
- Approximate date of marriage (within a 10 year period);
- Mail request and applicable search and copy fee to:
Kaufman County Clerk
100 W. Mulberry
Kaufman, TX 75142
Attn: Marriage License Mail Request
- Provide legible return address and daytime phone number.
- Mail-in search fees are $10 per incident. The search fee is non-refundable.
- Certified copies are $6.
Type of Payments Accepted
- Cash (for your protection, please do not mail cash!)
- Check or Money Order – Made payable to Laura Hughes Kaufman County Clerk
- Credit Cards – Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express