An applicant must provide all necessary information and show proper identification prior to obtaining a copy of the certificate:
- Full name as it appears on Military Discharge record
- Approximate Date of Discharge
- Your relationship to veteran
- Your Name and mailing address
- Valid identification (Photo ID preferred)
The above information is required by the Texas Government Code Sec. 552.140. Military Records filed after September 1, 2003 are considered confidential information for 75 years; therefore, all requirements must be met.