Probate and Guardianship and Forms
What needs to be E-Filed prior to hearings on probate and guardianship matters?
- A. All orders, oaths, and proofs are to be E-Filed three days prior to the hearing on all probate and guardianship matters. You may also purchase letters prior to the hearing for $2.00 each or purchase them after the hearing. (note: if the letters are purchased before the hearing, the Clerk’s will already have them prepared in most cases after the prove-up)
How do I set a hearing?
- To set a cause for prove up or a filed motion for a hearing, please contact the court administrator at email@example.com.
How are documents filed through E-File Texas on probate and guardianship cases?
- A. All documents are to be E-Filed as “lead documents”.
To whom does the bonding company make a bond to, if needed?
- Kaufman County Court at Law 2, Judge Bobby Rich
Are Rider Bonds accepted?
- Rider Bonds will not be accepted. Only CPI or Corporate Bonds will be accepted.
How will the Attorney Ad Litem be Compensated?
- $450.00 Attorney Ad litem fee will be compensated from the initial filing fees (when application is originally filed) If the ad litem feels as if he/ she should be compensated more for their time, the applying attorney will need to agree to the set fee on the record at the time of