Online Payment Rules
Adult Defendants Only!
- Online payment available only to criminal defendants aged 17 and over for criminal offenses committed after age 17
- All juvenile defendants under age 17 and minors over age 17 charged with alcohol, tobacco and failure to attend school offenses must make a personal appearance in court with a parent or legal guardian
- Online Payments are subject to a convenience fee.
- Payment will not be processed until next business day.
- If there is a warrant for your arrest, it will not be recalled until the day the fine is posted.
- If you want to request a drivers safety course or deferred adjudication you must contact the court first
Payment constitutes a plea of nolo contendere (“no contest”):
Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 27.14 ( c) states:
“In a misdemeanor case for which the maximum possible punishment is by fine only, payment of a fine or an amount accepted by the court constitutes a finding of guilty in open court as though a plea of nolo contendere had been entered by the defendant and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing.”