Kaufman County Law Enforcement Center
1900 E. US Hwy. 175 / PO Drawer 849
Kaufman, TX 75142
Long respected as the county’s top lawman, the sheriff has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, the operation of the jail and other responsibilities.
Duties of the sheriff include:
- Providing security for the operation of county and district courts;
- Enforcing traffic laws, other county ordinances and other state laws;
- Service of process;
- Accepting bail for prisoners in his custody;
- Conducting sales of seized and unclaimed properties; and
- Taking charge of and responsibility for the county jail and prisoners
- We, the men and women of the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Office, believe that our fundamental duty is to serve and protect the citizens of Kaufman County with fairness, compassion, and respect.
- We demand excellence in the quality of our law enforcement, stressing professionalism, integrity, and timeliness, so that those we serve may feel secure.
- We provide equal enforcement and protection of the law without prejudice or favor.
- We promote the setting of goals in partnership with the community, to prioritize and address problems based on the concerns of the community.
- Committed to continuous improvement in law enforcement, we promote and utilize the most modern techniques available.
For more information regarding the Sheriff’s office and the jail facility see www.kaufmanso.com