- County Offices
- Development Services
- Culvert Permits
A culvert permit is required for the installation of driveways and culverts within the County Right-of-Way, as stated in the Kaufman County Subdivision and Land Regulations; Section 11.03. The process for obtaining one is as follows:
- Culvert Permit will expire 12 months from date of issuance.
- Return application plus fee to Development Services
- Development Services will forward Application to the Commissioners office
- Home Owner will be contacted by the Commissioner’s office who will provide the information listed below. Please allow time for the Commissioner's office to receive and process your permit. Once they have determined proper size, they will contact you.
- Culvert Dimension
- Install Date
- Any other information they may require
Development Services is the intake for culvert permits. We do not install culverts. Your permit is forwarded to the Commissioner of the precinct in which the property is located. They will complete the process. Please allow 3 - 5 business days for them to contact you.
A payment must be made before a culvert permit is processed. Please go to the payments page.
Not sure what Precinct you are in?
Visit our Kaufman County GIS Portal and search for your address to find out which Precinct you live in.
Mike HuntCommissioner - Precinct 1Phone: 469-376-4156
Skeet PhillipsCommissioner - Precinct 2Phone: 469-376-4612
Terry BarberCommissioner - Precinct 3Phone: 972-563-5362
Tommy MooreCommissioner Pct. 4Phone: 469-376-4620
For Owners, please select Standard Culvert application.
For Representatives, please select the Developer & Commercial Culvert application.
Single Family Residence
or Commercial Businesses
Development ServicesPhysical Address
101 N. Houston Street
Kaufman, TX 75142
- Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm (Except for County Approved Holidays).
- Note: Offices are closed for lunch from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. A drop box is provided near the front door.
Need to Apply for an Address?
Click here to go to 911 Addressing page and fill out your application.
Need to Pay for an Address?
Click payment here to proceed.